Terms of Service
Below are a host of wordy legal requirements that you must agree with to use servicespace.org. If you are using servicespace.org it is highly likely that you are good natured and wouldn’t even consider doing any of the stuff we have to tell you not to do, so before you get down to brass tacks with the legal document we’ll give you the readers digest version.
- You have to be at least 13.
- If you open an account keep track of your password and don’t share your account with anyone, they can open their own, don’t worry we’re not gonna run out.
- Be nice! Really it is what the site is all about. If you’re not nice we’ll have to cancel your account and we’re not even going to tell you what it’s all about because by that time we will have already had enough.
- Copyright problems: ask us, we want to resolve this kind of stuff fast.
- Please don’t spam, folks don’t like it, us included.
- Privacy: we don’t sell your information to anybody and we won’t ever.
- By using servicespace.org you agree to the complete terms and conditions and that the world is a beautiful place.
By using servicespace.org (the “Site”), a service of ServiceSpace (“We”), and any services that may be available there you (“You”) agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms”).
We reserve the right to modify, alter, or terminate the Terms and the Site for any reason, at any time , without notice. And we reserve the right to terminate user Accounts at any time for any reason.
We reserve the right to remove content from the Site at any time.
- You must be 13 years or older to access and use the Site.
- You are responsible for all actions you take on the Site.
- Some aspects of the Site may require that you open an Account and become a Registered User.
- You agree that you will not allow others to use any aspect of your Account. And you have the responsibility of taking steps necessary to maintain the security and confidentiality of your Account and We are not responsible for any damage resulting from the unauthorized use of your Account.
- Accounts may be revoked for violations of the Terms.
You agree that you will not (and you agree to not allow any third party to) do any of the following:
- Modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Site.
- Access, retrieve, or index any portion of the Site without permission.
- Collect any information about users.
- Create users accounts by automated means or under fraudulent pretenses
- Create or transmit unwanted electronic communications to other users of the Site or otherwise interfere with other user’s enjoyment of the Site.
- Transmit any viruses, worms, defects, trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature.
- Use the Site for any unauthorized, unintended or otherwise illegal purposes.
- Store or copy any content offered on the Site for other than your personal use.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
- Violate any laws of your jurisdiction in connection with your use of the Site.
- You must not abuse, annoy, harass, impersonate, threaten or otherwise intimidate other users of the Site.
- You are responsible for your conduct, submissions, photos, comments, and all other action taken on the Site.
- All material provided to the Site remains yours and which We claim no right to or interest in.
We undertake to obey all relevant copyright laws. We will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws. To make a claim, please provide us with the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law, and;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Claims can be sent to email@example.com or ServiceSpace, P.O. Box 2711, Santa Clara, CA 95055. Contact the agent designated to receive and act on the copyright violations under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
In order to provide you with servicespace.org there are some limitations on the type of content that can be published with ServiceSpace. These limitations comply with legal requirements and make servicespace.org a better experience for all. We may need to change these rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so. Please check back here to see the latest.
- Impersonation: You may not impersonate others through servicespace.org in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, confuse, or deceive others
- Trademark: We reserve the right to reclaim user names on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those user names. Accounts using business names and/or logos to mislead others will be permanently suspended.
- Privacy: You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, street address or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission.
- Violence and Threats: You may not publish or post direct, specific threats of violence against others.
- Copyright: We will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement. Our copyright procedures are set forth in the Terms of Service.
- Unlawful Use: You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or for promotion of illegal activities. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
Spam and Abuse
ServiceSpace strives to protect its users from spam and abuse. Technical abuse and user abuse is not tolerated on servicespace.org, and will result in permanent suspension. Any accounts engaging in the activities specified below are subject to permanent suspension.
- Serial Accounts: You may not create serial accounts for disruptive or abusive purposes. Mass account creation will result in suspension of all accounts.
- Invitation spam: You may not use servicespace.org's address book contact import to send repeat, mass invitations
- Malware/Phishing: You may not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer or to compromise a user’s privacy.
- Spam: You may not use the ServiceSpace service for the purpose of spamming anyone.
Accounts engaging in any of these behaviors may be investigated for abuse. Accounts under investigation may be removed from Search for quality. ServiceSpace reserves the right to immediately terminate your account without further notice in the event that, in its judgment, you violate these Rules or the Terms of Service.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting personally identifiable information are to provide you with the product and services made available through the Site, to communicate with you, and to manage your registered user account, if you have one.
Information Collected Upon Registration. If you desire to have access to certain restricted sections of the Site, you will be required to become a registered user, and to submit certain personally identifiable information to ServiceSpace. This happens in a number of instances, such as when you sign up for the Service, or if you desire to receive marketing materials and information. Personally identifiable information that we may collect in such instances may include your IP address, full user name, password, email address, city, time zone, and other information that you decide to provide us with, or that you decide to include in your public profile.
Additional Information Your full user name and your photo, if you decide to upload one, are displayed to people in the ServiceSpace network and general public. Once a member, you may provide additional information in the profile section. Providing additional information beyond what is required at registration is entirely optional, but enables you to better identify yourself in the ServiceSpace system. If you contact us by email through the Site, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and may use your email address, and any information that you provide to us in your message, to respond to you.
Use of Contact Information In addition, we may use your contact information to market to you, and provide you with information about, our products and services, including but not limited to our Service. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such information or communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
Log Data When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data" ). This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the web-pages you visit, the search terms you use, and any links on which you click. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use Log Data to monitor the use of the Site and of our Service, and for the Site's technical administration. We do not associate your IP address with any other personally identifiable information to identify you personally, except in case of violation of the Terms of Service.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Service Providers We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement ServiceSpace cooperates with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of ServiceSpace or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
Changing or Deleting Information
If you are a registered user of the Site, you may access and update or correct the information you provided to us by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ServiceSpace is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
We will make any legally-required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site contains links to other websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Towards Children
The Site is not directed to persons under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal identifiable Information, we will delete such information from our files.