Jan 2018: London Gatherings & Local Inspiration
Posted by Trishna Shah on Jan 18, 2019
January 2018 - London Gatherings
It was a joy to kick-off the New Year with many of you at our second Awakin Movie Circle with Phil Borges and his incredibly insightful documentary, CRAZYWISE, which provided us with an in-depth lens into the lives of people who suffer from severe mental illnesses. We look forward to seeing you at upcoming Awakin Circles this month.
Awakin Circles: Shoreditch, Brighton, Mill Hill
Each month, you're invited to join Awakin Circles at locations around London, where we meditate for the first hour, engage in a circle of sharing based on a reading, and conclude with a home-cooked vegetarian dinner together.
- Weds, Jan 16th at 7:15pm (Brighton - New Location) RSVP Here
- Fri, Jan 25th at 7pm (Shoreditch, Central London)
- Weds, Jan 30th at 7pm (Mill Hill, North London)
Inspiration from the London Community...
- Awakin Movie Circles: Check out the blog for more inspiration from both of our recent Awakin Movie Circles and learn about Charlie Claydon's journey there too!
- Kindness in Kerala: Cleona shares a beautiful personal story about a recent experience that inspired kindness and connection with a crying woman and her daughter during her travels in India.
- Winter Happiness Festival: Our friends at the Museum of Happiness are hosting their annual Winter Happiness Festival this Sat-Mon featuring workshops and talks. Sareena and Ariyana (Trishna's daughters) have been invited to share on Saturday afternoon their own life experiences of practicing compassion towards animals, inspired by a book they love, That's Why We Don't Eat Animals. You may also enjoy joining the Kindness Flashmob on Blue Monday, to spread some smiles on the most depressing day of the year!
- Connected by Humanity: You're invited to join our friend Richard's next labour-of-love gathering on Feb 9th from 3-6pm, where the circle will collectively explore the theme 'Role Models' -- who inspires you and what role did they play in shaping your journey? Tickets are offered as a gift and you're invited to pay it forward to cover venue hire costs for future gatherings.
We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming gathering and wish you a January filled with community.
With love and gratitude,
Trishna, Ani, Mita, Vicky, Shamash and Ewa :)
(Trishna and her husband Deep with Phil and his wife Julee)
Visit Awakin London for the Latest Info >>