||Interns and Mentors, get ready to make lots of lemonade!
Inspired by local vintage "Kindness Drives" -- like Miles of Smiles and Chalk the Walk! -- we decided to bring back the legendary Free Lemonade Stand! :)
On Saturday, July 22nd afternoon, get ready to roll up your sleeves, and dive into an experiment in generosity with offering lemonade unconditionally! :) For added inspiration, learn about Nimo's Lemonade in Los Angeles, a high school team that gifts strangers Hot Chocolate on Cold Days, and the Van that Delivers Human Kindness!
Plan (day of):
Do RSVP below, and you'll be emailed more details (location, prep, etc.) as we get closer!
- 12:00PM - Arrive & Setup a stand for giving out lemonade (and any other treats you are so inspired to make/bring, like cookies, biscuits, crackers, etc).
- 1:00PM - Welcome & Circle of Sharing
- 1:30PM - Gift Lemonade!
- Offer passerby cups of lemonade and whatever we'd like. This is an opportunity to practice giving unconditionally -- and to make people smile and share in the spirit of human kindness! :) We'll also encourage them to pay-it-forward with a smile card (and some actual smiles, too :))
- Other gifts & kindness actions: We can think of other inspirations for what to bring with us (Works & Conversations magazines, heart pins, etc) as acts of kindness to offer to people.
- 3:00PM - Closing Circle of Reflections
- 3:30PM - Clean Up & Goodbye Hugs!