||An IT support team maintains computer networks of all types of organizations, providing technical support and ensuring the smooth operation of the entire company. The IT help desk monitors and maintains the company's IT systems, installs and configures hardware and software, and resolves technical issues. Due to the nature of the work, some companies may need your IT support to handle shift work.
Responsibilities and Responsibilities for IT Support Work
When drafting a job description for IT support, you must specify the following responsibilities:
It hardware support job description
While a formal degree may not always be necessary for an IT support role, tertiary qualifications may include the following:
- Installation and configuration of hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
- Monitoring and maintenance of computer networks and systems
- Respond to problems and service requests in a timely manner
- Provide technical support throughout the company (this can be in person or by phone)
- Set up accounts for new users
- Repair and replacement of equipment as needed
- Testing new technology
- Training of young employees is possible
- IT support qualifications and job requirements
Candidates are also expected to possess a number of qualities:
- Computer science
It is also worth noting the physical nature of the role as they may have to lift and carry heavy equipment.
- The technical and logical thinking process
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate
- A close look at details
- The starting salary in IT support ranges from £ 17,000 to £ 23,000.
- After gaining experience, you can earn income from 26,000 to 35,000 pounds.
- Technical Support Managers can earn over £ 40,000.
- The salary for IT support jobs varies widely based on job level, previous experience and employer size.