Jan 2021: London Update
Posted by Trishna Shah on Jan 11, 2021
January 2021 - London Update
"One year ago, as 2020 was dawning, we joined with many around the globe in imagining a year of possibility and transformation. It was the start of a new decade and the number 2020 couldn't help but evoke a hope for new, clear ways of seeing. Most of us simply couldn't have imagined the global pandemic that would sweep the world, making our connection to one another more poignant and powerful than ever...And so here, a year later, how will we step across this threshold into the New Year when so much is still unknown? Who do we want to be -- as individuals and as a collective, for ourselves and for our world? And what role does gratefulness play as we step into the New Year with all our very human hopes and longings?" -- Gratefulness.org
Awakin Circles: Jan 14, 20, Feb 3
Each month, you're invited to join virtual Awakin Circles on Zoom, where we meditate and follow this up with a circle of sharing based on a reading.
- Thursday, Jan 14 at 6:30pm (hosted by Ani)
- Wednesday, Jan 20 at 7:30pm (hosted by Mita)
- Wednesday, Feb 3 at 7:45pm (hosted by Trishna)
Your Vision for 2021: Resources for the Inner Journey
As we embrace the reflective space we find ourselves in at the start of another new year, we offer you this article The Top 10 Insights from the “Science of a Meaningful Life”, which shares science-backed ways to look after our overall well-being based on research undertaken during the pandemic. You may also find it helpful to access this wonderful collection of resources from our friends at Gratefulness.org to support your journey into 2021. We hope these insights and tips remind you of how we’re all connected—and perhaps bring you a little bit of hope too.
Journaling: We invite you to reconnect with your own hearts at the start of this new year. Find some quiet space to reflect on these questions below and write your thoughts down in a journal...
- Who do you want to be in 2021 (and beyond), what is your vision for yourself?
- What will help you to fulfill this vision? What do you need to let go of to fulfill this vision?
- How might this support and nourish the ways in which you move into 2021?
Immersion Experiences: Upcoming Pods & Webinars
Last November, we hosted a 5-day virtual retreat, supported by ServiceSpace's new Pod Platform. Most of us felt deeply connected with each other and nourished through the process of sharing reflections and learning and growing together. Each Pod offers a unique peer learning environment for everyday heroes and change-makers to create social change and personal shifts, while leading with inner transformation.
Our global team of ServiceSpace volunteers are hosting a variety of upcoming Pods - take a look and sign-up!
- Third Force Theme: Finding a place of belonging in a polarised world (Jan 15-29)
- 21-day New Story Challenge #2 (starting Jan 24)
- Laddership Pod: How Would you Redesign the World? (Feb 7 for 5 weeks)
If you're looking to tune into inspiring conversations, join an upcoming video webinar!
- Matthew Fox - "Mysticism, Intuition, and the Divine Feminine" (Jan 13)
- Peniel Joseph - "The Sword and The Shield: The Struggle for Black Freedom in America" (Jan 16)
- Ryland Engelhart -"Kiss the Ground: Sacred Commerce, Love Activism, & Solution of Soil" (Jan 23)
- Don Berwick - "The Secret to Improving Healthcare is Love" (Jan 26)
Wishing you all a beautiful 2021 - we look forward to being "Virtually Together" at Awakin Circles and Pods this month :) (enjoy the beautiful music video on that link!)
With love and gratitude,
Trishna, Ani, Mita, Vicky and Ewa
Visit Awakin London for the Latest Info >>