April London Update: Virtual Awakins & Inspiration!
Posted by Trishna Shah on Mar 30, 2020
April 2020 - London Update
Last week, we began hosting the first of our virtual Awakin Circles and it was a beautiful opportunity to come together in collective silence and connect deeply with community during this unique time of uncertainty, change and physical isolation. A sacred space was co-created by the presence that each person brought to the virtual circle, in much the same way as when we meet in-person. We look forward to seeing many of you in coming weeks as we have a full rota of circles this month. In addition to the London circles, the silver lining of all Awakin Circles going virtual is that you can now view all gatherings around the world and RSVP to join any that are at a suitable time of day for you locally!
Virtual Awakin Circles
Each month, you're invited to join Awakin Circles at locations around London, where we meditate for the first hour, engage in a circle of sharing based on a reading, and conclude with a home-cooked vegetarian dinner together. Due to current circumstances, these gatherings will take place virtually on Zoom (easy-to-use group video call via your computer or smart phone) and we welcome friends from all over the country/world to join in!
- Wednesday, Apr 1st from 7:30-9:30pm (hosted by Ewa)
- Thursday, Apr 9th from 7:30-9:30pm (hosted by Vicky)
- Wednesday, Apr 15th from 7:30-9:30pm (hosted by Mita)
- Wednesday, Apr 22nd from 7:30-9:30pm (hosted by Ani)
- Thursday, Apr 30th from 7:30-9:30pm (hosted by Trishna)
Inspiring Stories and Helpful Resources
- How Does A Heart of Service Respond To These Times? Coronavirus has uprooted the fabric of our lives. How does a heart of service respond to an unknown cause, how do we build resilience when we can't be physically together, and how do we amplify lotus in the mud? This blog post features some reflections and insights from a virtual gathering last week of ServiceSpace friends around the world. To join the next gathering, "What Would Love Do", RSVP online for the call on Tuesday, March 31st at 4pm UK time.
- KarunaVirus.org ServiceSpace volunteers from around the world have launched a new website! Karuna is a Sanskrit word for compassion, and the intent of KarunaVirus.org is to amplify the voice of our collective compassion -- by featuring news articles of everyday people choosing love over fear. While our site is certainly meant to be uplifting, it's not necessarily "good news" that turns a blind eye to our grief and suffering. Rather it aims to offer a far more expansive crucible of benevolence that can hold those challenges with uncommon grace. We invite you to co-create that courageous, new story with us!
We leave you with this inspiring video #WeRemember with hopes that it lifts your spirits this week.
With love and gratitude,
Trishna, Ani, Mita, Vicky, Ewa and Prashant
Visit Awakin London for the Latest Info >>