Oct/Nov 2018 - Upcoming London Gatherings
Posted by Trishna Shah on Oct 9, 2018
October / November 2018 - London Gatherings
Following Nimo's inspiring visit last month, we are delighted to welcome guests from California next month, who will be sharing their incredible documentary film, Teach Me to Be WILD, at a couple of upcoming events. We look forward to seeing you at Awakin Circles in October!
Awakin Circles: Pimlico, Harrow, Mill Hill
Each month, you're invited to join Awakin Circles at locations around London, where we meditate for the first hour, engage in a circle of sharing based on a reading, and conclude with a home-cooked vegetarian dinner together.
- Weds, Oct 10th at 7pm (Pimlico, Central London)
- Weds, Oct 17th at 7pm (Harrow, Northwest London)
- Weds, Oct 24th at 7pm (Mill Hill, North London)
Awakin Movie Circle & Community Screening of Teach Me to Be WILD (Nov 15/16)
We are delighted to welcome two special guests and dear friends from California to share their incredibly inspiring labour-of-love documentary film, Teach Me to Be WILD! En route to a film festival in Totnes, we're grateful that Anne and Rajesh will be in London for a couple of days to screen their film and offer us a glimpse into their own journeys.
Teach Me To Be Wild explores the work of a sanctuary in Northern California, where a team of injured, non-releasable wild animals become Wild-Teachers and are helping generations of hurt children (at-risk teens, justice-involved youth, foster kids and others). The traumatic histories of the creatures, who range from an Andean condor to a two-toed sloth, often parallel those of the at-risk children who visit. Unexpected and empathic connections are forged that ripple into stories of transformation. Founded by Steve Karlin, a former park ranger and television personality whose greatest mentors were a 330-pound American black bear and a pair of robins, Wildlife Associates aims to recall us to our true place in Nature’s web. Filmed over a period of three years with intimate access to the animals, their caregivers, workshop facilitators and their spirited students, Teach Me To Be Wild captures the magic that transpires where wounded children and their Wild Teachers meet.
Watch the film trailer and RSVP to join us at one of the film screenings below with Anne and Rajesh!
- Awakin Movie Circle (Pimlico) - Thursday, November 15th (7:15-9:45pm): Join us for this first ever Awakin Movie Circle in London, where we plan to gather after dinner to watch the documentary, hear from the film makers' journeys and share reflections on themes from the movie followed by tea and light refreshments. [More info & RSVP]
- Community Screening (Shoreditch) - Friday, November 16th (6:30-9:30pm): You're invited to the Museum of Happiness's new venue to join us for a community film screening and dialogue / Q & A with the film makers followed by a vegetarian pot luck. [More info & RSVP]
We look forward to seeing you again at an upcoming Awakin Circle in October and a film screening in November!
With love and gratitude,
Trishna, Ani, Mita, Vicky and Shamash
Visit Awakin London for the Latest Info >>